NIAAA Task Force on College Drinking Publications
Resource 1: www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov
Resource 2: www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov/NIAAACollegeMaterials
Resource 3: "College Drinking, What It Is, and What to Do About It: A Review of the State of the Science;" Editors: Mark Goldman, Gayle Boyd and Vivian Faden. In Journal of Alcohol Studies. March 2002: Supplement No. 14.
Goldman, M.S.; "Introduction."
Boyd, G.M. and Faden, V.; "Overview."
Panel 1: The Contexts and Consequences of College Drinking
- Dowdall, G.W. and Wechsler, H.; "Studying College Alcohol Use:
Widening the Lens, Sharpening the Focus."
- O'Malley, P.M. and Johnston, L.D.; "Epidemiology of Alcohol and
Other Drug Use Among American College Students."
- Baer, J.S.; "Student Factors: Understanding Individual Variation in College
- Schulenberg, J.E. and Maggs, J.L.; "A Developmental Perspective on Alcohol
Use and Heavy Drinking During Adolescence and the Transition to Young
- Spear, L.P.; "The Adolescent Brain and the College Drinker: Biological Basis
of Propensity to Use and Misuse Alcohol."
- Presley, C.A., Meilman, P.W., and Leichliter, J.S.; "College Factors That
- Perkins, H.W.; "Surveying the Damage: A Review of Research on
Consequences of Alcohol Misuse in College Populations."
- Cooper, M.L.; "Alcohol Use and Risky Sexual Behavior Among College
Students and Youth: Evaluating the Evidence."
- Abbey, A.; "Alcohol-Related Sexual Assault: A Common Problem Among College
- Giancola, P.R.; "Alcohol Related Aggression During the College Years:
Theories, Risk Factors, and Policy Implications."
Panel 2: Prevention and Treatment of College Alcohol Problems
- DeJong, W. and Langford, L.M.; "A Typology for Campus Based Alcohol
Prevention: Moving Toward Environmental Management Strategies."
- Larimer, M.E. and Cronce, J.M.; "Identification, Prevention, and Treatment: A
Review of Individual- Focused Strategies to Reduce Problematic Alcohol
Consumption by College Students."
- Perkins, H.W.; "Social Norms and the Prevention of Alcohol Misuse in
- Saffep, H.; "Alcohol Advertising and Youth."
- DeJong, W.; "The Role of Mass Media Campaigns in Reducing High Risk
Drinking Among College Students."
- Toomey, T.L. and Wagenaar, A.C.; "Environmental Policies to Reduce
College Drinking: Options and Research Findings."
- Wagenaar, A.C. and Toomey, T.L.; "Effects of Minimum Drinking Age Laws:
Review and Analyses of the Literature from 1960 to 2000."
- Hingson, R.W. and Howland, J.; "Comprehensive Community Interventions to
Promote Health: Implications for College Age Drinking Problems."
Resource 4: "How to Reduce High-Risk College Drinking: Use of Proven Strategies, Fill Research Gaps; Final Report of the Panel on Prevention and Treatment." www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov.
Last reviewed: 9/23/2005